4 patties, enough for 4 people
● 1½ lbs ground chuck
● 1 teaspoon salt
● ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
● 2 cups fresh spinach, firmly packed
● ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz)
● 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, salt, and pepper.
2. Scoop about ⅓ cup of mixture and with dampened hands shape into 8 patties about ½-inch thick. Place in the refrigerator.
3. Place spinach in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, until wilted.
4. Drain and let cool. With your hands squeeze the spinach to extract as much liquid as possible.
5. Transfer to a cutting board, chop the spinach, and place in a bowl.
6. Stir in mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
7. Scoop about ¼ cup of stuffing and mound in the center of 4 patties,
8. Cover with remaining 4 patties, and seal the edges by pressing firmly together.
9. Cup each patty with your hands to round out the edges, and press on the top to flatten slightly into a single thick patty.
10.Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high (if you’re using an outdoor grill lightly oil the grill grates).
11.Grill burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Serve!
Our weekly blog is a collection of articles to help inform, educate and inspire you to improve your physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.