Makes 12 servings
● 1 1⁄2 cup almond flour (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
● 1/3 cup psyllium husk powder (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
● 1⁄2 cup coconut flour (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
● 1⁄2 cup flax meal (75 g/ 2.6 oz)
● 1 tsp garlic powder
● 1 tsp onion powder
● 2 tsp cream of tartar
● 1 tsp baking soda
● 1 tsp salt
● 5 tbsp sesame or 1-2 tbsp caraway seeds Wet Ingredients:
● 6 large egg whites
● 2 large eggs
● 2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175 C.
2. Use scales to measure all the ingredients carefully. ● Do not use whole psyllium husks - if you cannot find psyllium husk powder, use a blender or coffee grinder and process until fine.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients apart from the sesame seeds in a bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, psyllium powder, garlic and onion powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt).
4. Add wet ingredients and blend well until wet and fluffy.
5. Scoop with ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Press down slightly for flatter buns.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
7. Cool and serve
These are great all-purpose buns. They can be used as hamburger buns, breakfast buns served with cream cheese or butter or any meal side.
● You can use 2 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder instead of baking soda and cream of tartar.
● Make sure you use a kitchen scale for measuring all the dry ingredients. Using just cups may not be enough to achieve best results, especially in baked goods. Weights per cup and tablespoons may vary depending on the product/ brand or if you make your own ingredients (like flax meal from flax seeds). Psyllium absorbs lots of water. When baking with psyllium, you must remember to drink enough water throughout the day to prevent constipation!
Our weekly blog is a collection of articles to help inform, educate and inspire you to improve your physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.