Makes 4 servings Ingredients
● 2 tbsp ghee
● 1/2 tsp sea salt
● 2 full chicken breast (Cut into 4 servings)
● 2 chayote chopped to 1/2-inch chunks
● 2 tbsp erythritol or low carb sweetener of choice (not stevia extract)
● 1 tsp cinnamon
● 1/8 tsp nutmeg
● 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat, add chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Flip the chicken breast and add chayote and sprinkle sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple cider vinegar over the top. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken breast reaches the appropriate temperature (145 F for medium rare, 160 for medium).
3. Remove the chicken breast and place in a meal prep container if preparing meals for the week, otherwise keep chicken breast warm until ready to serve. 4. Bring the chayote mixture to a boil for several minutes. Reduce heat to low medium and simmer with cover, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes. When done, the chayote will be fork tender and similar in texture to baked apple.
5. Divide the chayote mock apples between four meal prep containers or serve immediately alongside the warm chicken breast .
Per Serving: 455 Calories, 30.22g Fats, 4.85 Net Carbs, and 35.4g Protein
LIKE, SAVE, SHARE
Get delicious recipes that will help you break your sugar addiction, balance your hormones and finally lose the weight right in your email.